Hello and welcome to The Capricious Crafter blog! Who or what is the capricious crafter? Well, that would be me, Becky, a sixty something child of God, wife, daughter, aunt, great aunt, friend and lover of crafting, cooking, reading, travel, and more. My husband and I have been married almost thirty years and are looking forward to his retirement at the end of 2014. Our plans are to buy a new camper and hit the road as much as possible. Oh, the possibilities are endless for our future!

I am a child of the 1950's and that is definitely my favorite 'era'. I collect Fire King items from the 1940's and 50's, clear glass or crystal glassware, especially pitchers, cream and sugar sets, etc., as well as old dishware and serving pieces, vintage fabrics and so much more!

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember, and definitely from my early childhood. I remember my mother teaching me how to make paper dolls from the Sears catalog and 'shirt cardboard' from the cleaners. And now I still love playing with paper! My primary crafty passion is paper crafting items such as mini albums, cards, tags, etc., however I also enjoy crocheting, some sewing, embroidery, mixed media art and art journaling, felt crafts and so much more.

My purpose for this blog is to share the crafts I make, foods I cook, decorating and caring for my home, new products I try, treasures I find at estate and yard sales, my collections, and anything else I come up with. I hope you will join me on this journey ... it's going to be a very 'capricious' ride!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sharing ... My 'Send' Swap Goodies for Francie

Hi there!  My swap partner, Francie, got her goodies today, so I can now share with you what I sent to her.  I had so much fun doing this swap, and as much as I enjoy getting happy mail, I much more enjoy getting the goodies together and packing them up to send out!  As I said in the last post, the theme for this month was weddings, and the destash colors were white and ivory.  Here is what I sent to Francie ...


Everything Together, all packaged in cellophane envies ...


Don't you love it?  Here are the individual goodies ...

The doilies on the right are small ... about 4" square, and are old.  A lady who used to follow my 'old' blog asked for my address and sent me a whole box full of old linens that she wanted to go to someone who would appreciate them.  There were probably 8 to 12 of these doilies that were made by her mother or her aunt, and Helga was in her 80's when she sent them to me a number of years ago.  I thought Francie would love them!




Some paper lace rolled onto a round 'peg' style clothes pin, some Floradoodle 'blingy' flowers, and some Anna Griffin buckles.




The Trims ... most of them came from a big grocery bag full of trims that I got for fifty cents at a yard sale a while back.  The only things NOT in that bag are the ivory eyelet lace and the white lace on the bottom tag.  The huge 'blingy' brads are from Anna Griffin.  I wrapped them all onto #5 manila tags, added some trim and the big brads to make them pretty.




The tag ... kraft paper, some eyelet, ribbon, and a sweet vintage image of a little girl dressed up like a bride. 


A little pack of wedding stickers.


Some printed out vintage wedding themed images.  I love them all, but that one on top left is just gorgeous!




The card, using one of the vintage images, some vintage 'hem' tape (lace), a white flower, purple flowers, and some Prima pearls.




And my special little gift just for Francie ... a pincushion I made using a piece of a vintage lace doily over some tan fabric, brown velvet ribbon, some heart lace, and a couple of sequins.  I love making these little (2 to 2 1/2" tall) pin cushions, and they are the perfect thing for your dresser to catch pins from the cleaners or new shirts.

So, that is it!  As I said, I had so much fun getting this package together, and hope Francie enjoys using therm!