Hello and welcome to The Capricious Crafter blog! Who or what is the capricious crafter? Well, that would be me, Becky, a sixty something child of God, wife, daughter, aunt, great aunt, friend and lover of crafting, cooking, reading, travel, and more. My husband and I have been married almost thirty years and are looking forward to his retirement at the end of 2014. Our plans are to buy a new camper and hit the road as much as possible. Oh, the possibilities are endless for our future!

I am a child of the 1950's and that is definitely my favorite 'era'. I collect Fire King items from the 1940's and 50's, clear glass or crystal glassware, especially pitchers, cream and sugar sets, etc., as well as old dishware and serving pieces, vintage fabrics and so much more!

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember, and definitely from my early childhood. I remember my mother teaching me how to make paper dolls from the Sears catalog and 'shirt cardboard' from the cleaners. And now I still love playing with paper! My primary crafty passion is paper crafting items such as mini albums, cards, tags, etc., however I also enjoy crocheting, some sewing, embroidery, mixed media art and art journaling, felt crafts and so much more.

My purpose for this blog is to share the crafts I make, foods I cook, decorating and caring for my home, new products I try, treasures I find at estate and yard sales, my collections, and anything else I come up with. I hope you will join me on this journey ... it's going to be a very 'capricious' ride!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Sharing ... Catching Up ... And Another Swap!



Hi there!  I know I've been gone for a while, but I have a good excuse!  Hubby and I spent last week camping in north central Tennessee, just northwest of Nashville.  While there we explored a lot of that part of Tennessee, a LOT of Kentucky, and had a cookout at our campsite for a friend of his who now lives and works in Nashville, and visited a friend of mine who lives north of Nashville.  It was a great week ... for the most part!
 


Our camper and Clyde at our campsite at Bledsoe Creek State Park, TN


But now I am back, and today I got a box of goodies in the mail that were so sweet!  Once again, I participated in a swap at A Swap For All Seasons, and I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to take part in this one, but I am so glad I did, because I had great partners, and had so much fun getting together the goodies for Francie, and today I got my goodies from Debby, and I have to say, she did a great job!

This swap is kind of different in that from the list of participants, the person above you in the list sends to you, and you send to the person beneath you on the list.  So Francie was my 'send to' partner and Debby was my 'receive from' partner.  This month's theme was 'weddings', and we were to share one handmade card, one tag, and some goodies from our stash that were in the white to ivory color palette.  Here is a pic of everything in the box ...


Oops ... I left one thing out, I'll show it to you down a ways!


Debby had everything wrapped up so pretty, especially the cute bride and groom!  She hand painted them for me, and they are adorable! 





 

Aren't they adorable?  Here is the card she made ... it is so cute, and I love the colors!




And this cute bride tag is so cute! 




This small (about 2" across) heart shaped bar of soap is so sweet, and smells even sweeter!  I love it, and will definitely use it soon!  And yes, this is what I left out of the group picture ... so sorry about that!




And as much as I love this adorable hand crocheted heart, I love the tag it is on almost as much!  Don't you love the mason jar?




I love Jillibean Soup, and will definitely be using these 'Smile' stickers on some future projects!




And here are the buttons and trims she sent ... the trims are beautiful, but those buttons all appear to be vintage, and buttons are one of my addictions!  Don't think Debby knew that, but it is true!  I have LOTS of buttons, and will always be collecting them!
 
 



Debby, thank you so much!  You did a wonderful job, and I love every little thing!  You have been a wonderful partner, and I hope I have the chance to be YOUR sending partner! 

And thanks to you folks who come and visit!  Blessings,