And speaking of sunny spring days ... I have a card to share with you that is colorful and cute and brings thoughts of blue skies, yellow sunshine and pretty flowers to match! A couple of days ago, Queen & Co., a manufacturer of crafting embellishments extraordinaire posted a card sketch on their Facebook Page and encouraged us to try making a card 'inspired' by the sketch. Now, I love a good card sketch, so I took it as a challenge and went right to my crafty space and got to work. Here's a pic of the sketch ...
So I gathered together a few supplies, including a few of my favorite rolls of Queen & Co.'s 'Trendy Tape' and went to work! I cut and trimmed and glued and even used my Cricut Expression to cut a cute label and some flowers ... and here is what I come up with ...
I love it! I used the trendy tape to cover the piece of cardstock between the patterned paper and card stock label. Kind of like 'wallpaper'! And I also used it to cover the die cut daisy in the top righthand corner. Here are the details ...
- Card stock - Bazzill
- Patterned Paper - Lawn Fawn
- Washi Tape - Trendy Tape 'Summer Blooms'
- Stickers - SRM Stickers
- Button - Buttons Galore
- Twine - Maya Road Corded Twine
- Sequins - Lawn Fawn
- Adhesives - Ranger 'Glossy Accents', Scotch ATG and Foam Squares by Recollections (Michaels)
- Cricut cartridges used are Walk in my Garden and Elegant Edges
- Glossy Accents works great for adhering the sequins or other small bits
- For the die cut flower, cut it first, then add the Trendy Tape and trim around with a craft knife or small detail scissors.
And that is everything! A piece of advice ... if you love hearing all the latest crafty news, seeing sneak peeks of new products and giveaways, you really should go and 'like' your favorite manufacturers and stores on Facebook! They all do a great job of keeping their customers and 'fans' informed!
Okay, that's all for today. Hope you come back for a visit soon! Blessings,