Hello and welcome to The Capricious Crafter blog! Who or what is the capricious crafter? Well, that would be me, Becky, a sixty something child of God, wife, daughter, aunt, great aunt, friend and lover of crafting, cooking, reading, travel, and more. My husband and I have been married almost thirty years and are looking forward to his retirement at the end of 2014. Our plans are to buy a new camper and hit the road as much as possible. Oh, the possibilities are endless for our future!

I am a child of the 1950's and that is definitely my favorite 'era'. I collect Fire King items from the 1940's and 50's, clear glass or crystal glassware, especially pitchers, cream and sugar sets, etc., as well as old dishware and serving pieces, vintage fabrics and so much more!

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember, and definitely from my early childhood. I remember my mother teaching me how to make paper dolls from the Sears catalog and 'shirt cardboard' from the cleaners. And now I still love playing with paper! My primary crafty passion is paper crafting items such as mini albums, cards, tags, etc., however I also enjoy crocheting, some sewing, embroidery, mixed media art and art journaling, felt crafts and so much more.

My purpose for this blog is to share the crafts I make, foods I cook, decorating and caring for my home, new products I try, treasures I find at estate and yard sales, my collections, and anything else I come up with. I hope you will join me on this journey ... it's going to be a very 'capricious' ride!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sharing ... Anything But A Card ... Sparkle!

Welcome!  Today I want to share my latest project for Anything But A Card, Challenge 33, theme of Sparkle!  I really loved this challenge, because I truly love sparkle and shine on my projects.  I also love them on ME!

A few years ago for Christmas, my sweet hubby of 29 years gave me one last, unexpected, gift, but he made me read the card first.  It was a sweet card, but inside he had written 'I finally found something that sparkles as much as you do'.  I know ... go ahead ... Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!    And when I opened the package, inside was a gorgeous diamond ring, and it sparkled (and still sparkles) more than any ring I had ever seen!  And I am wearing that ring right as I type this post!

Anyway, for my project this week I decided I needed to make some 'greeting tags' to take to a store where I sell some of my things on consignment.  Several years ago I found a brand new box of envelopes (500 in the box, with only a few missing) for a whopping big ten cents!  Yep, a dime for a whole box of envelopes, and the #5 manila tags fit inside perfectly.  I have sold a lot of my tags for sending, and my stock at the store is almost gone.  Here is what I made ...




Six greeting tags, each with the same sweet bluebird vintage greeting card image, with three coordinating color schemes of pink, green and a deep orange-y yellow.  Each tag is different, some with bling, some with flowers, some with sequins, some with buttons, but ALL with lots of Stickles!  The small sentiments are just printed on white 110# card stock, cut out, inked and glued down. 




Can you see the sparkle?  All along the edges of the image, as well as on the pink flowers, and wings of the bluebirds.



Don't you love that rich, deep yellow seam binding?  It was a part of my swap package from Debbie.  I love those sequins from Lawn Fawn that are on the left hand tag.




Aren't they so cute!  All you have to do is write a quick note on the back and stick it into an envelope and send or give it to someone special.  A friend, family member, child's day care teacher, hair dresser, anyone who needs a bit of encouragement.




I know this last one isn't a very great picture, but you can really see the sparkle on the birdies and flowers.

I hope you have enjoyed visiting today ... this will be my last post for Anything But A Card.  I have enjoyed my time on this team, but my heart just isn't in it, and I am in a different place these days than I was the last few years when I was really into doing the DT thing.  There will be a new team member to take my place next month, so please make her welcome!  Blessings,