For some time now I have wanted to form a new group in our area for a 'place' for women in our area to gather, chat, share, learn, and craft together! Building friendships and relationships that will go beyond the group's confines is important to me! So, one of the local craft stores is allowing us to use their classroom on Fridays ... for free ... and I have been advertising by word of mouth, Facebook and a local online newspaper. I had great responses, and we had our first gathering yesterday.
It was a phenomenal success! I had hoped and prayed for two people to join me. Three and I would have been over the moon happy ... but we had more! Five ladies joined me yesterday for some fun, fellowship and crafty fun. It was amazing! And we now have dates on the store's calendar through April. The best part of this? I walked away with five new friends, at least one or two that I can see becoming close friendships. I feel so blessed that God has blessed this new endeavor!
Anyway, most of my time yesterday was spent talking to people, answering questions about my work, and walking people through the store and showing them where they should start on paper crafting, and I loved it! But I did get back to my first love ... card making ... for the first time in a long time, and it was wonderful! I made one card completely and started another, then this morning when I couldn't sleep I finished that one and made another. It was bliss! Card making is my first love, and I haven't made a card in months ... maybe over a year, and it felt so good to get back to doing what I love so much!
First up is 'It'll Be Okay' ...
Of course this is a Mabel Lucie Atwell image .... my favorites ... as are all three of the cards today. I just love this little image, and have wanted to use it in a card for a long time. Here are the 'ingredients' in the card:
- Card blank - Recollections from Michaels
- Background paper - Black Stripes - Recollections from Michaels
- Ribbon - May Arts
- White Eyelet - stash, could be from anywhere!
- Button - stash, could be from anywhere!
- Stickles - Black Diamond, Platinum, Diamond and Christmas Red
- Ink Pad for edging - Stampabilities Pigment Ink from Hobby Lobby - Brown
- Ink Pad for sentiment inside - Stampabilities Pigment Ink from Hobby Lobby . Black
- Sentiment stamp from 'Trust God' set from Stampin' Up It says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Close up of ribbon and trim ...
Next up is 'Baby Boy' ...
Here are the ingredients:
- Card Blank - Recollections from Michaels
- Background Paper - Light Blue and White Stripes - Recollections from Michaels
- Dark Blue Cardstock -Recollections from Michaels (no color name)
- Red Cardstock - Bazzill 'Card Shoppe' Cardstock
- Ribbon and Button - stash
- Stickles: Waterfall, Diamond, Patina
- Sticker - SRM Press
Close up on ribbon ...
And last, is 'Best Friends' ...
Here are the ingredients:
- Card Base - Recollections from Michaels
- Background paper - Bold Yellow Stripe - Recollections from Michaels
- Dark Green Cardstock - 'Greenbrier' from Bazzill
- Trim is by Hug Snug Seam Binding
- Vintage Button from my stash
- Stickles: Black Diamond, Patina, Icicles
And that is my first three cards in a long, long time! If you are looking for the images, simply go to Pinterest and search for "Mabel Lucie Atwell Images" and you will find quite a few of them! I save them to my computer using Picasa software and that makes it easy to organize and do minor edits to the images.
I hope you have enjoyed your visit today ... It really feels good to be making cards again! Come back soon, Becky