But now we are home, and I am settling into a routine after having my husband home all the time, and have once again find myself following my heart and doing lots of paper crafts. I made a box for a friend of mine for Christmas. It is just a 4x4x4 inch box that holds a small accordion style mini album, but the fun part is that I made the box from scratch rather than buying a paper mache' box as I would have done in the past. Here are a few pictures ...
|Front of Box|
|One side of box ... to show you the pleated paper that I used to decorate the box.|
|Top of Box ... knob is from Hobby Lobby|
|Picture of the small accordion mini album, resting inside the box.|
|Close up of mini accordion album ... note the 'belt' that holds the book together.|
|Sorry it's blurry, but this is the 'belt' that holds the mini album together.|
|Side One of the mini album.|
My friend loved the box ... in fact, she loved it so much that she ordered two from me for her two daughters-in-law! I'll share pictures of those soon ... just need to upload the pics off of my camera!
Thanks for visiting today! Blessings, Becky
Products for box:
- Chipboard: Assorted sources, including cereal, cracker and tissue boxes!
- Adhesives: Scor-Tape, Beacon 3 in 1 Craft Glue, Scotch ATG adhesive
- Papers: The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) 12 x 12 Kirby Teesdale Studio Stack
- Knob: Hobby Lobby Pink Ceramic Knob with Beaded Edge
- Ink for Edging: Stampabilities Brown Pigment Ink Pad ... Hobby Lobby
- Kraft Card Stock: Hobby Lobby The Paper Studio
- Feet for Box: Tim Holtz
- Buttons: Buttons Galore and More
- Ribbons and Trims: Assorted, some vintage from my collection