- I am a sixty something Christian woman, wife, daughter, sister, aunt and great-aunt (aka honorary grandmother) and 'Mama' to our two fur-babies, Bailey Sue and Bessie Mae, our two Dachshunds.
- I live in the southeast US ... specifically the hills and mountains of beautiful northern Georgia, and have always lived within 50 miles of this spot.
- I retired from the corporate world in 2012 after 30 years at one large corporation. Since that retirement I have worked several part time jobs, but in most recent years my 'job' has been that of caregiver to my parents.
- My husband and best friend in the world and I have been married for more than 28 years. We love traveling, especially camping, because that allows us to take our dogs with us wherever we go. We have an older (10 years) large pop-up camper, but hope to buy a travel trailer within a couple of years. My husband has only one more year to work and then he will retire, and we will hit the road and see as much of our country as we can!
- I love to craft, and that means anything from embroidery to crocheting, felt crafts, sewing, paper crafting (mini albums, greeting cards, etc.) to art journaling and mixed media art. I am most definitely NOT a one trick pony! I also love blogging about my crafts, and while recent years I have concentrated on paper crafting, I have decided to open my world back up to other beloved hobbies, and hence my new blog.
- I also love to collect things ... things from vintage linens, to vintage glassware and Fire King pieces, to vintage greeting card images to use in crafts. I love going to yard sales, estate sales and flea markets to look for treasures, so look for posts about favorite collectibles, and the search for them, on here too!
- And cooking is a hobby that I enjoy, so I hope to share some of my favorite recipes with you from time to time as well.
- I am my Daddy's child. Daddy never stuck with one hobby for very long, and I am just like him ... I like to change things up (craftily speaking) and do it frequently. But most recently I have had a revelation of sorts ... while I just thought I was 'just like daddy', I learned there is a word for that ... capricious ... and I love that word! (You can see a definition in the right hand column of this blog.)
|"just because" greeting card|
|Broken Pieces art journal page made using Gelli Prints|
|Double Page Layout of 6 x 6" mini album using October Afternoon's 9 to 5 line|
|Sheet Music Christmas Tree Ornaments|
|Framed picture using burlap, patternpieces, vintage brooch.|